Sunday, November 6, 2011

A traveller's story

I've been here and there, I feel part of everywhere.
Walked across mountaintops, cold breeze in my hair.
Seen the desert sun go down, this twilight in the sky.
In the middle of a miracle I can feel that I'm alive.

Waking up, not knowing what will happen the next hour.
The forest is my toilet and I use a waterfall for a shower.
Looking at the falling stars whilst I'm falling fast asleep.
Got no single penny left, but I've got memories to keep.

Met a million people, but there's always a goodbye.
Some names won't stick, just not that click, but others made me cry.
My best friends come from places where I have never been.
But they've been here, they understand what life for me means.

Don't put me in a routine, because I need freedom to breathe.
On my way to a different place with every heartbeat.
Give me time and I'll be fine, I'll find a way to be.
Got no destination 'cause on the move there's more to see.

I'll soon be back, with my backpack, but I'll find a different track.
More to explore, outside my door, in my mind I've already packed.
The wild waits for me and I am waiting for the wild.
Give me trees and give me grass and I'm happy as a child.

Traveling here, with no career, I open another beer.
No worries and no stress for me, I just don't want to hear.
That one day I have to change my life, one day I will be old.
So live now 'cause you can't tell what the future holds.

I might be right, I might be wrong, but life is not too long.
I write this now, but later it might be a different song.
I like not knowing what will happen if I take another dive.
There's one thing that I know for sure and that's that I love my life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...